Wednesday 16 July 2008

Doodle Week - In our garden we would like....








Sometimes it's tough being in charge - I had to decide this week whether to go with my original post idea on inspiration for creativity or divert to Doodle Week; so with my supercharged honing skills I plumped for Doodle Week because next week it won't be, and this will add content for the creativity post next week. Cool, that's sorted.

So, Doodle Week is encouraging everyone to have a go at creating something, and we think this is a great idea!

It's rather a shame that Blogger seems to be playing up just as we are all trying to post, and we can't properly upload our pics - dang. Apologies if you are seeing the rather poor quality version of Jelly and Ice cream just now.

Today's theme is "garden" and as one of my favourite pastimes is relaxing in the garden with an ice cream, I've chosen this to submit today. Of all the pics Ive drawn, it's also one of my faves.

Frog, Jelly and Obi-Sven didnt want to be left out, so a new pic of them riding a carousel makes its debut today on the Frogblogdoglog. I think I can improve it, but had to balance the need to get it done and my desire to have it exactly how I want it in the time I have available, a constant work/creativity balance issue. More on this another day, and more on inspiration for creativity next week!

Many thanks to the excellent Doodle Week Team, who gave me the impetus to get the carousel pic finished, and to finally get Frog the Dog onto Flickr !
Do go take a look at the marvellous illustrations on display, maybe have a go yourself!
Have fun!

9 comments:

Durward Discussion said...

It looks as if your garden is growing on Big Rock Candy Mountain ... very sweet.

Helen McGlasson said...

Oh, I used to love that song! My Dad used to play it very badly on his guitar.
Maybe we should move there...

Barb said...

May I have just chocolate and Mint Chocolate Chip, please. Oh, no cherry, either.

Mo and The Purries said...

What a great story about being inspired - and I love the Doodle ice cream!
Now I want some vanilla ice cream with strawberry jam on it!

Greg said...

I love ice cream in the garden!!

Great drawings and a lovely blog, too! So great of you to be encouraging the kiddies to just write and hang the rest of it! You're an inspiration...

Elise B. said...

Cute kitty!
I, for one, would love to move to Big Rock Candy Mountain! =)

Helen McGlasson said...

Hey, ice cream is a great inspiration for doodling - so many fab flavours, all those gorgeous toppings, things to stick in - choc flakes!!
I feel a theme coming on....
Please stop me from starting up an ice cream sundae blog.
Just stay there, and I'll get the garden chairs....

Black Cat said...

Ooooo, that's a great ice cream in the garden! Thanks to Doodle Week I've found your inspirational blogs. Pftooey to that Lancashire library "know-all" idiot manager!

Elise B. said...

Thanks for your comment on my doodle garden. I would much rather draw happy things than non-happy things. :) Doodle evil was kind of hard for me... because I don't like evil! :)

Hope you're doing well. Visit anytime.

-Elise