Wednesday 23 July 2008

Arte y Pico award - for us??!







Forget work/life balance – here at Frog the Dog’s Beach House, there is a constant creativity/business balance to be weighed and found wanting.
One of the fantastic benefits of belonging to the blogging community is meeting and interacting with other creative minds. I am constantly asked where I get the inspiration for my ideas. Answering that could be a whole new blog in itself!
Being open to possibilities and having time to explore them is the key for me. Having the opportunity to share ideas with friends is a luxury that I love and appreciate very much, so when my clever funny friends at the Banana Bblogg awarded the frogblogdoglog with the beautiful Arte y Pico award, it was a chance to thank and acknowledge the friendships forged in the blogoshpere that have actively given birth to new ideas to write and draw about. I really hope you will take a little time to visit our friends, and maybe make some new friends yourself :)

Award rules

One of the award rules is having the award rules, so here they are for your ref:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winners and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y pico”blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) To show these rules.
Arte y pico

The Reading Hero blog started life intending to research and write articles supporting parents to read with their children, but the harsh reality of time availability killed the impetus somewhat. The RH website is full of info, so the blog was not really adding any value, was tiresome to write and was generally a pain.
So remembering some feedback given by the wittily talented Lisa Wines at OHMYWORD! I have launched the Sniff and Wag Diaries, and find I have more to say about life running a tiny publishing imprint than I can safely shake a wet dog at.
So for Lisa, without whom the Sniff and Wag Diaries would not have come into being, who participated so awesomely in the “Find Spiky” challenge on the Frogblogdoglog, for all her support and encouragement and for her brave writing, we gratefully and enthusiastically bestow the first of the five awards to OHMYWORD

Equally, I have the utmost admiration for two very highly educated silly people who view the world with perpetual astonishment. They throw out ideas like we throw out apple cores – enthusiastically, carelessly and with great aplomb. These two are behind the Banana Bblogg where silliness is bandied about amidst insightful political debate and social commentary. Their fresh perspective and eager comments inspire us on a regular basis, so please excuse me for being a bit of a luvvey by giving the award they gave US right back to them. There are so many examples of how they have contributed, from comments on their own and our blog, to themed awards "Mantlepiece Fruit" that led us to start the “I’m throwing a custard pie at…!” group and the wittily creative series of pics they sent of Frog Ted - here’s to mutual inspirational creativity!


My very first and special friend in the blogosphere was Rythmduel. His comments and participation kept us going when we might otherwise have given up and gone home. Rythmduel’s writing is thoughtful, considered and beautiful. It makes me stop and think. It makes me want to start writing serious thought provoking content. I t makes me want to try that too – and that’s my most favourite kind of art; art that makes me feel like I want to try it too. I am only sad that my reliance on translation technology sometimes means that I am not able to glean the finer nuances of his undoubted talent. Luckily for me, his English is excellent! So for Rythmduel, dear friend and supporter, whom we have missed so much whilst he has been slogging over his international MBA, many hugs, much appreciation and the Arte y Pico award.
Rythmduel at 5 Impulses

Surprisingly for a doglog, we have a high cat readership, and we are not entirely sure why this is. Grumpiness personified, Catpaw suddenly got all cheerful when Frog Ted was invited to stay, and the resulting pics and story were delightful. Just by being a grumpy cat, Catpaw has given us ideas for writing that were gratefully pounced upon, the same pics used in various different ways on both the Frogblogdoglog and Frog’s wagsite. Catpaw, we think you are great, keep on being grumpy – we know that you a big softie really!

You might notice that I have used only four of the five allotted awards. But that elusive fifth element (!) is for all those snippets and ideas that float through my brain from all directions, wherever I am, where I cannot attribute any particular source. For the silly conversations, and the off the cuff remarks that sometimes lead to something lovely, new or fresh, I acknowledge your presence with gratitude!

So go now and be inspired. Take the time to feel inspired. Let ideas meander through your thoughts, and give them room to grow. Then get writing!

4 comments:

Sebastián Puig said...

One million thanks, dear Helen. Our friendship is one of the best examples of the good things that happen in this blog world. I´m a very emotional person, and your comment has really moved me. I´m sure that sooner or later we´ll meet each other, dear. Until then, go on being so nice... big heart! big mama! Licks from Canela to Frog!

PS: read my last post

Helen McGlasson said...

Hey, I'm not THAT big - I've really been cutting down on the cake lately!!
Looking forward to lunch with you one day in Madrid :)
Hugs from us all x

Anonymous said...

You are very kind to mention me and give me this award. Thank you! And I'm glad that I was able to help in any way, as you are a good pal to me, even though we are both too busy to write to each other. I always know you're there. :-)

Helen McGlasson said...

These days, I always feel that the well worn teachers expression applies to my ability to keep in touch - could try harder!
But you are right, we think of you often :)
Go be awesome!